- It is still LEGAL for household products to be tested on animals in the UK and most of the world & they ARE tested.
- There is currently a petition by Cruelty-Free International to reinforce a bill that was promised by the government that still has not been full filled to ban household product testing on animals.
Turning cruelty-free with my cosmetics also meant i went cruelty-free in my home. I found Ecover to be a great brand, easily accessible, a huge selection of products & no more expensive than my previous brands.I promise you, making your household products cruelty free is not an expensive change, there are many great companies that offer great alternatives, for example:
- The Co-operative (own brand)
- Earth Friendly Products (also available from T K Maxx)
- M&S (own brand)
All the Ecover products i have tried I am very happy with, they are effective & do the job they are supposed to with no compromise on effectiveness just because they are eco-friendly. I was initially worried about changing my laundry liquid as i have rather sensitive skin & have come up in a reaction when I have changed my laundry products in the past. The Ecover products i went for are:
- Non-Bio 2x Concentrated Laundry Liquid for my laundry liquid. I brought the more concentrated liquid on offer, I had read that Non-Bio isn't as strong & effective as Bio liquid, so i wanted to make sure my clothes got clean. It smells AMAZING, a big 42 wash bottle, you only need a cap/cap & half for the washing a big load, it actually cleans your clothes properly and it hasn't made my skin itch. All round a very good laundry liquid. As i have found this one works for me i have stuck with it! The bottle is made from recycled & plantplastic, the bottle itself is recyclable (check your local recycling to see if you can recycle the cap) and the plant based ingredients are better for the environment! This bottle cost £8.50 for 42 washes, there is currently a 3 for 2 offer on at Big Green Smile & Tesco also have offers on.
- I had never used a fabric conditioner before but i wanted to keep my clothes as soft as I can, especially as i was changing my main laundry product. I brought the Under the Sun , priced at £1.99 & ZERO , priced at £1.92 Fabric Conditioners, both 25 wash bottles. The Zero has no colouring or fragrance & is the best for sensitive skin, Under the Sun smells so fresh and is made from the same great ingredients. Both conditioners work fantastically, my clothes are staying soft, my bedding is fresh & my skin is loving me for it! The bottles are again made from recycled material & are recyclable themselves.
These products are affordable & offer a much more eco-friendly option to cleaning, not just for the environment, but to animals too. See if you can change to a few and go cruelty-free!
I get all my Ecover products from Big Green Smile, they are VERY efficient & give a quick turn around on orders, there is always lots of offers on there too!